Welcome to our page of Thy Kingdom Come resources - there are loads more on the Thy Kingdom Come website but here is our pick.
24/7 Global Prayer Room
Our Church has signed up to be part of the 24/7 Global Prayer initiative and we will be gathering together during our Thursday Prayer time at 6:45pm on Thursday 28th May
Prayer and Care
As we are praying for those we love to come to know the hope and love of Christ we also are encouraging all to see how they can show God’s love towards them. By caring for them. Here are 5 ideas on how we can care and love those we know, even when we are socially distanced:
1. Keep up contact. Make a phone call, send an email, letter or card saying that you are praying for them at this time.
2. Keep an eye out for the anniversaries of life events. Make that phone call to let people know you care.
3. Send a small gift or book purchased on line, maybe insert life words etc.
4. Serve where you can in delivering groceries or medications.
5. Make sure the people you pray for know how much you value them by whatever means you can find.
Daily Hope freephone prayer line
Daily Hope offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England at the end of a telephone line.
A Church of England initiative in partnership with CONNECTIONS at Holy Trinity Claygate, and Faith in Later Life.
The line – which is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044 – has been set up particularly with those unable to join online church services during the period of restrictions in mind.
Listen to Archbishop John Sentamu on the power of Prayer